How to Offer Discounts on Vrbo
Including promotions on your Vrbo property is a great way to get more bookings. There are many ways you can promote your home through discounts. For example, you can give a nightly discount to guests that want to stay a full week or a bigger discount for those wishing to book an entire month. You can do this easily by logging into your account and accessing your calendar.
Once you are there, select rates from the drop-down menu and click the gear icon, and it will open your settings where you will find the tab for “Base Rates & Discounts.” You can then enter the percentage of the discount you would like to give for seven days or more, or 28 days or more. Remember to press “save,” when you’re done.
Many homeowners wish to include seasonal discounts such as winter promotions. If you want to promote discounts on specific days, such as for a seasonal discount, you can adjust your base rate for those specific dates in a few simple steps.
- Navigate to your dashboard.
- Click on your “calendar.”
- Click on “rates.”
- On the top left-hand side of the page, click “year view” so you can see multiple months at the same time.
- Click on the first and last day of the season on your calendar, thus highlighting all days of the season.
- Select your nightly rate type, the pop-out panel of the right side of the screen.
- Enter the dollar amount you would like to charge during that season.
- To charge differently per night, you can click on the calendar within the pop-out panel and click on days that you would like to change the rate of and enter the dollar amount.
- Click the “save rate.”
Military discounts on Vrbo
If you would like to include military discounts in your rates, you simply need to include that information in the listing description. Individual owners are responsible for giving discounts to service members as Vrbo does not handle it.
Previously, when you sent a quote to the potential guest, there was a section where you could enter the discount rate. That is no longer the case.
To give a military discount or any other discount applied specifically to the individual guest, you must edit the quote you send to the inquirer.
For example, if you charge $100 a night for your home and offer a 15% military discount, you give them the quote of $85 a night after learning they are a service member.
You can edit your quote by:
- Logging into your account.
- Clicking on the “inbox” icon in the left navigation menu.
- Choose the inquiry you wish to address.
- Scroll down to the quote section of the message.
- Click on the pencil icon.
- When the quote opens, edit the rental amount.
- Click “save” and inform your guest of the changes made.