Airbnb Guest Reviews
When a guest checks out of a vacation rental on Airbnb, they write a review about the owner and about the place they stayed in. Likewise, hosts write reviews about their guests after they have departed.
Airbnb reviews are a great tool for both hosts and guests as they help users share their Airbnb experiences with others. It enables other hosts to browse and see what the guest was like. This way, when a guest requests a rental on Airbnb, the host can see how that guest acted and behaved in other rentals.
In order to receive a review, the host needs to post one too. Receives will only show up on the profile when both parties have written.
Disclaimer: Lodgify is an Airbnb Preferred Software Partner. This guide, including any claims or statements within, is solely from Lodgify and is not endorsed by, directly affiliated with, authorized, or sponsored by Airbnb in any way.
If you’re a Lodgify customer and want to connect via API with Airbnb, please get in touch with our customer support team. For more information: Connect Lodgify to Airbnb
Airbnb Reviews by Hosts
Many of those who are new to the business and have just begun hosting their vacation rental listing on Airbnb may not be aware of the importance of posting a review, or what the best way to write a review is.
When a guest enjoys everything about their stay and then checks out without any issues, you want other hosts to know about it. Plus you get a positive review in return. However when things do not go exactly as planned though, then this is when it might get a bit complicated. This is most often the time when you put a bad review on the guest’s profile. You need to remain professional, but also be direct as to why the guest is getting the bad review in the first place on any of the listings that you have up.
How to Write a Review for a Guest on Airbnb
If you are not sure how to write a review for a guest on Airbnb, to start you can take a look at what some of the other hosts have put about their guests. You can get some inspiration without copying and pasting what they say word for word.
When writing your review, think to yourself: would you recommend this guest to others? As a host, you need to make sure that you leave an honest and accurate review of those that stay with you. You need to make sure that these reviews are based on how they took care of your vacation rental. If you were pleased with them, make it known and let other hosts know they were a pleasure to accommodate.
Your review doesn’t necessarily have to be a lengthy one, as it could just be a response to a visitor’s review and a way of saying “thank you” for choosing your rental. Always be honest and clear. You don’t have too much space to work with, which is why it is important to be straight to the point, honest and clear in everything that you say. Just make sure it is accurate, as well as checking it over before submitting it.
Give them a star rating if you can. Although you are writing some information about them, you can also give them a star rating which shows just how great (or not great) they were when they stayed with you. This actually catches everyone’s eyes quicker than what you write in your review.
Why Are Airbnb Reviews Important?
As an Airbnb host, it is important to get good reviews. This is due to the reason that then potential guests are looking at your rental, they are looking at reviews written by previous guests. Writing a review about a stay gives you more exposure. Your name and profile are going to appear more often and this allows potential renters to become familiar with your position as a host.
Additionally, leaving reviews for people encourages them to reciprocate by leaving their own commentary about their experience with you and your house. Often, once guests arrive back home and have had a great experience, they may forget that they have an opportunity to express this on the site. Yet when they are reminded through your review submission, it will help jog their memory to comment about your rental.
Another advantage it gives hosts a chance to do some damage control if necessary. For example, if a guest has posted some negative remarks in their review of your property, you now have a chance to give some reasonable explanations to address the complaints publicly or in private.
If you are an experienced Airbnb host, it’s likely you will have learned the value of relying on other hosts’ reviews when you are making the decision to accept a guest or not. If this is the case, then you can see how valuable these personal testimonies are. By you following suit and posting your own reviews, you are also supporting other hosts who may want to rely on your information before accepting a reservation.
Airbnb Reviews for Guests Example
Think about the guests’ stay on Airbnb and ask yourself the following questions:
- Would you host them again?
- Did the experience go smoothly from booking to checking out?
- Was the place in good condition when they left it?
Always write about the guest; you want to describe what type of people they were, e.g partiers, quiet, honeymooners, and their reason for staying and how well they were to host.
Airbnb Guest Review Sample
Here are just some of the examples:
- (guests name) was a pleasure to host! They left the space clean and were quiet throughout the weekend. They had smooth communication and I look forward to having them stay with me again!
- I loved having (guest name) because they were able to treat the place with respect, have a great time and enjoy the area. They were awesome with renting the space and I hope I get to host them again.
- All of my house rules were respected with (guest name) and they were able to come in and go with ease. I loved having them there as they were respectful and quiet. I highly recommend them to others!
There are many different ways of writing a review for a guest on Airbnb. Once you know how to review a guest on Airbnb, you can feel more confident leaving reviews of all your guests.
Airbnb Review Guidelines
Airbnb has made it easy to create a review and there are only a few guidelines that you must adhere to:
- After their checkout date, you have 14 days to write your Airbnb review. Remember to do this as soon as your guests check out and make sure you submitted it on time.
- Be honest and fair when writing your comments. Remember they will be visible to any other hosts.
- Write about the key points (positive and negative) that you think may be important to highlight for other owners.
- If you want to change your review, you can do so within 48 hours of submitting it, or until the guests have submitted their review.
Tips on Writing Airbnb Guest reviews
Here are a few tips for writing your feedback about a guest:
- Take a look at how other hosts have written their reviews.
- Ask yourself: do you feel comfortable recommending this guest to other hosts?
- Be descriptive about your guest as this helps to give other hosts better insight into the same visitor who may be inquiring about their rental.
- Write a few practice ones first so that when it comes to it, you’ll be able to express yourself in the 500-word count limit that reviews allow.
Bear in mind that both host reviews and traveler reviews are very important – they can help make the difference between securing a booking and the guest looking elsewhere.